By Brisbane Powerhouse
Love is in the air following the historic “yes” vote and we want to be part of all the loved-up goodness.
In celebration of marriage equality, we’re giving one lucky couple the opportunity to win a wedding ceremony and reception at Brisbane Powerhouse as part of MELT: Festival of Queer Arts and Culture on Friday May 18, 2018.
To go into the draw, you and your partner need to submit a one minute video telling us your love story. It could be how you met, what makes your love special, or how you got engaged. To submit your entry, visit the Brisbane Powerhouse website here.
The winner will receive all of the following:
- Free Venue Hire, for up to a period of four hours, of the Riverbend Terrace or Performance Lawn at Brisbane Powerhouse for the purpose of a legal Wedding Ceremony (valued at $650.00);
- Free Venue Hire, for up to a period of five hours, of the Rooftop Terrace or River Studio at Brisbane Powerhouse for the purpose of a Wedding Reception (valued up to $2,055.00);
- Catering from Zen Catering for a maximum of 60 guests, with the choice of a three course banquet, fine dine or buffet menu, including staffing for up to four hours (valued up to $5,970.00);
- Four hour House Beverage Package for a maximum of 60 guests (value at $2,460.00);
- Marriage celebrant services courtesy of Celebrant Lady Love, including a customised ceremony (valued at $1,200);
- Aisle End Flowers by Bouquet Boutique (valued at $500.00);
- One Complimentary Nights’ Accommodation at Sage Hotel James Street, including complimentary use of Sage Hotel James Street’s luxurious Sage Style Suite to use as your VIP dressing room and executive lounge, and complimentary Mercedes Transfer to Brisbane Powerhouse (valued at $500).
The total retail value of these prizes is estimated at $13,335.00.
Entries close at 11:59pm AEST on Thursday 29 March, 2018. A panel of five judges appointed by Brisbane Powerhouse will shortlist five entries, which will be uploaded to Brisbane Powerhouse Facebook page for the public to vote on their favourite entries. The video with the most ‘likes’ by 5pm AEST on Thursday 5 April, 2018 will win. For the full terms and conditions, click here.