Kylie Minogue is launching her upcoming new album Golden with shows at intimate venues across the UK and Europe next month.
But fans eager to attend the singer’s London concert at the exclusive Cafe De Paris nightclub were left fuming at the price for a coveted Meet & Greet ticket to the show, which included a photo opportunity with the singer herself.
The VIP package for the March 13 show set fans back £965 – just over $1700 Australian dollars.
One fan tweeted in despair, “@kylieminogue please tell me your not charging £965 for meet and greet tickets!! #lovers have dreamed of meeting you for years and we can’t afford that!!”
Another wrote, “[Lady] Gaga’s was cheaper and I got over an hour with her and an open bar so for almost a grand I would like a personal lap dance, thank u.”
One fan angrily vented, “Rip off! £1000 for meet and greet? Especially in this day and age… tempting people to get into debt. Disgusting!”
Another was more pragmatic, writing, “Just seen the prices for Kylie at Cafe de Paris… I blame all of the streaming sites, artists need to make money somehow.”
According to News.com.au, the now sold out £965 VIP tickets to Kylie’s London gig got you:
– Ticket for a seat on the balcony to watch concert
– Pre-show Meet & Greet with Kylie
– Individual photo with Kylie
– Red carpet entrance into the venue
– Champagne reception
– Pre-show bowl food and canapés
– Pre-show complimentary drinks (beers, selected spirits and soft drinks)
– Merchandise item designed exclusively for package purchasers
– Souvenir Kylie tour laminate and lanyard
In late January, Kylie released the country-tinged track “Dancing”, the first taste from the new album, out April 6.
For months the singer has teased her plans to tour Australia, likely later this year.